Monday, November 22, 2010
Surf Life Saving Ed!
On Friday we had the privilege of being invited to Mairangi Bay for the Surf Life Saving Ed.
We had an amazing time, We were getting tips of how to survive, learning how to save people but the most important thing we learnt was rips and tides. I was cruising with my boogie board on the big huge waves.
These 10 rules we learnt from the life guards are to keep you safe in the water:
1. SWIM BETWEEN THE FLAGS!
2. HAVE AN ADULT WATCH OVER YOU.
3. LISTEN TO THE ADVICE FROM SURF LIFEGUARDS.
4. NEVER SWIM OR SURF ALONE.
5. IF IN DOUBT STAY OUT.
6. BE SUNSMART.
7. LEARN TO RECOGNISE RIP CURRENTS.
8. ALWAYS USE THE CORRECT AND SAFE EQUIPMENT.
9. NEVER SWIM WHEN TIRED OR COLD.
10 AND FINALLY CONSIDER OTHER SURF USERS.